Saturday, May 12, 2012

Sickness and Updates

Well. I have been ridiculously sick for about two months. That being said, it's my 20th birthday on Monday! Aaaah! I feel really weird about turning 20. I'll never be a teenager again. Do I have to stop wearing t-shirts? Am I supposed to start using blush and mass-care-uh? Can I still play with Legos? So many questions... The coolest part of upcoming birthday is that I feel justified in indulging in clothes. I have a massive love affair with Lane Bryant. I went shopping last night and came home with five pairs of underwear (I love their 5-for-$32 deal), a really awesome black jacket with ruffles and whatnot, a blue dress (http://www.lanebryant.com/new-plus-size-fashion/dresses-skirts/smocked-eyelet-dress/4000c4010p143016/index.pro), and a blue and black shirt (http://www.lanebryant.com/plus-size-tops/tees-knit-tops/layered-ruffled-top/4019c68p145407/index.pro) which I am currently wearing. The jacket was on clearance and I can't find a picture for it. I love this shirt. It's so soft and it drapes surprisingly nicely. I have a really curvy* stomach (*Read: "ROLLS") and I'm always really self-conscious about how shirts hang and whether or not they cling. I tend to avoid shirts that aren't empire-waisted, but the cardigan (attached) adds some nice dimension and the ruffles really bring attention away from my tummy. The material is really nice. They did a great job with this one. I haven't had a chance to wear the dress or jacket yet. There was another girl trying stuff on, and this happened-
In other news and updates, my boyfriend (finally) came out as trans. He's starting HRT within the next few weeks. Yay, Ash! I know he was really scared to come out and I think he'll be really happy once he can be comfortable in his own skin. I'll post more about that process as more happens. He has an appointment for the first intake this Thursday (same day as I will be at the LADY DOCTOR). He says he wants to grow a beard. Here's hoping that doesn't last...

No comments:

Post a Comment